Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Party Punch–Recipe

One thing I love about parties is the punch! Seriously – I don’t remember a punch I didn’t like. Growing up my Aunt Jane made the best punch ever (and now that I think of it – I am going to ask her for the recipe!!). I looked forward to her punch and drank so much my belly hurt.

So naturally, I always have punch at the boys’ parties. At Mason’s Pirate Party I made the usual party punch. I adapted and changed a few things from a punch I found in an issue of Taste of Home.

Ingredients:

  • 4 quarts of water
  • 3/4 cup of sugar
  • 2 package of cherry kool-aid
  • 1 can of orange juice concentrate (thawed)
  • 1 can of lemonade concentrate (thawed)
  • 1 46oz can of pineapple juice
  • 1 liter of ginger ale

IMG_6338

In a sauce pan combine 2 cups of water with sugar. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove and stir in kool-aid. Add remaining water and cool completely. (I usually let mine sit in the fridge overnight and I also pour a little into a Bundt pan to make an ice ring!)

IMG_6341

IMG_6342

Then when the kool-aid mixture is cooled combine OJ concentrate, lemonade concentrate and pineapple juice. Just before serving add ginger ale and stir-stir-stir! You may have to stir it a few times throughout the party because the concentrate settles to the bottom.

It is the best punch EVER!

IMG_6475

Enjoy,

image