Friday, December 17, 2010

Patrick Rothfuss' THE WISE MAN'S FEAR Update

Just minutes ago, the esteemed SFF blogger Aidan Moher of A Dribble of Ink posted up "An Aside: The First Review of THE WISE MAN'S FEAR by Patrick Rothfuss."  As a devout minion of Mr. Rothfuss, I greedily read Aidan's aside, and then followed his link to Tor.com's website with the actual review, which I now pass on to you by way of clicking here.  In short, the wait is so definitely worth it.

Hold on a second.  If The Wise Man's Fear is to be released on March 1, 2011, that gives me a little over two months to re-read The Name of the Wind (it'd be my 3rd or 4th time, but ironically, I've not done a book review over this, my absolute most favorite book ever, nor do I think I could do it justice...) before the new book gets to my house.

See, I've already got the book pre-ordered from Borders.com.  If I'm lucky, maybe it'll actually arrive early.  (Let's not consider it arriving late.)  And, to make it even more awesome, I didn't have to pay a dime for the book.  A few weeks ago, I earned $5 in Borders bucks, and then Borders sent me another special offering me $10 in Borders bucks for a limited time.  So, with this $15, a 40% off coupon, and a loaded Borders card, I pre-ordered the book and it was all paid for from either Borders or my gift card funds. 

My mind's kind of gone loopy.  Whenever I start thinking about The Name of the Wind I get all excited and fangirlish.  It's embarrassing.  Stop it!  :)

Crap.  I just used an emoticon...  Is there a shot at redemption for me?

Just to be clear, Tor.com has a review of Patrick Rothfuss' second book of his Kingkiller Chronicles, The Wise Man's Fear.  If you want to read this spoiler-free review, click here.