Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Monster Mash Blocks–Guest Post

Today we have Mariah from Giggles Galore guest blogging and showing off her Monster Mash Blocks! Aren’t these some of the cutest darn things you have ever seen?! If I had to pick a favorite it would be … well I can’t pick! I love the Witch’s hat, Frankenstein's hair, and the Vampire’s bloody teeth. These are such affordable decorations and read on to see how to make your own.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I adore Halloween, it is one of my favorite holidays!  It's just around the corner and time to start thinking about the millions of Halloween crafts I can't wait to make.  I have been busy making some pumpkins to sell (which you can see here or here) and while I was cutting 2x4's I had a brilliant idea to make some fun monsters.  I have seen a variety of ideas on the web and this is what I came up with.
Since I already had a huge stack of 2x4's already cut all I had to do was sweet talk my hubby into cutting out the extras to complete the look.
With a jigsaw we cut out Frankenstein's hair, the witches hat & nose, the collar & hair for the vampire and a coffin.
I tore strips of white fabric and added an aged look with paint for the mummy. I painted everything and attached the pieces with glue.  Done! 
Meet my four friendly ghouls ready for the MoNsTeR MaSh

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Go see some of Mariah’s other GREAT Halloween crafts such as

Thanks Mariah!

Enjoy,

image