Thursday, July 7, 2011

Golden Graham Goodness!

Do you like golden graham cereal? How about peanut butter? Possibly M&M’s? Oh boy do I have a recipe for you!

golden_graham_goodness

My high school sweetheart’s mom used to make these! When he went away to college she would give me a plate to take (for him – not me!) when I went to visit him. I had to restrain myself from eating the whole plate on the 3 hour drive. I would put them in the back seat so I wasn’t tempted. Once I think I ate the whole plate four of them before I arrived.

His mother and I still keep in touch, so a few months ago I asked her for the infamous recipe. (Like I really needed this sitting in my recipe box and starring me in the face!)

Thanks for sharing the recipe Gayle – this post is for you!!

You will need –

  • 6 cups of golden graham cereal
  • 1 cup of M&Ms
  • 1 cup of peanut butter
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup

IMG_6321

Mix corn syrup and sugar together in a saucepan.

IMG_6322

Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and boil EXACTLY one minute.

IMG_6325

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.

IMG_6327

IMG_6329

Then pour over cereal and M&Ms.

IMG_6324

Drop this delicious mixture by the spoonful onto wax paper.

IMG_6333

Allow to cool and then store for later…. if you can resist the temptation!!

IMG_6336

Enjoy!

image

I’m linking up here-

HookingupwithHoH