Friday, July 8, 2011

Cake Cookies on a Stick!

Today is my birthday so I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to eat cake! I love these cake cookies and eating them off a stick makes them that much more fun.

I can remember the first time I ever had these. I was about 10 or 12 and I was up at my grandmas lake house in Lake Mills, WI. I fondly remember we used a few different juice glasses to press the cookies and achieve different designs on the cookie.

Did I mention that this was before the recipe for cake cookies was printed on the side of the Pillsbury box? Luckily for me I am now able to recreate this sweet treat and a childhood memory.

IMG_6303

To make cake cookies on a stick you will need-

  • Pillsbury Funfetti cake
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • Popsicle/craft sticks
  • Frosting (optional)
  • Flour
  • Drinking glass

IMG_6301

In a bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Then stagger your popsicle sticks out on a greased cookie sheet.

IMG_6304

Roll one inch circles of dough in your hands and place on the end of each popsicle stick.

IMG_6305

Stick a glass in flour.

IMG_6306

Then use to press your ball of dough out into a flat circle. Glasses with designs on the bottom work well too as grandma taught me.

IMG_6307

When they are all flattened place them in a 375 degree oven for 6-8 minutes. These are like sugar cookies – they go from done to burned in .2 seconds so keep an eye on them!

IMG_6308

When they are done pull them out and let them cool on the pan for one minute. If you don’t let them cool than there is a possibility the stick will poke through the cookie and your cake cookie on a stick will be a cake cookie with a hole in the middle (and no stick!).

IMG_6309

After they cool for a minute remove them and do it all over again!

IMG_6320

Now you can let them cool completely and then apply frosting or eat them just how they are. I did frost mine for Mason’s birthday party …. pictures to come!

P.S. – I said it was my birthday so I am offering 50% off in my party printable shop this entire weekend to celebrate! Head over to Snowcone and Lollipop Designs and use the code ‘BIRTHDAY’ for your discount!!

Enjoy,

image