So I posted this picture on Facebook yesterday, and within an hour of posting it, I had six friends ask if I'd do a blog post on how to make my guacamole. That number has risen since then, so I figured I'd better get on top of my game and do it. I actually posted a recipe for it here back in January, but when I made my guacamole yesterday, I did it a little differently than I usually do. So here's my updated version because honestly, I liked it better than how I used to always make it. It's not that different, but the extra lime and the blending method change it completely.
Ingredients
3 avocados, peeled and pitted, divided and cut into chunks
1 limes, rolled and juiced
1/2 cup of red onion, diced
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 clove garlic, smashed and minced finely
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1 pinch white pepper
1 pinch sea salt
Directions
After you've peeled, pitted, and cut up your avocados, put two of them in your Ninja. I've been bitching t you all for almost a year to buy one so I hope you have by now. Anyway, put two of the avocados in the Ninja and juice one of your limes. Pulse it until the avocados are smooth and creamy. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add in the rest of your ingredients, then cover and chill for an hour before serving.
This guacamole is easy as hell to make. I really liked doing it this way instead of my old way because some of the avocado was nice and creamy, but I still had good-sized chunks in it. I just eat mine as a dip with tortilla chips, but you can use it as a topping on salads, a spread on sandwiches, or with any of your Mexican dishes. Yum! Be sure to go back to my original blog post on this and watch the video of how to peel an avocado properly because I just assume most people are idiots who have no clue how to do it. Then again, my regular readers are some of the most brilliantly intelligent people ever born so those of you who are probably already know how to peel an avocado without looking like a big dum-dum.
