Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Currently Am Not Reading...

...The Wise Man's Fear right now, even though I've had it pre-ordered for ages and ages and fully expected a shipping confirmation this morning.  Instead, looking on the Borders.com website at my order details I see two alarming words:

On Backorder

How can my book be "On Backorder" if I freaking pre-ordered it?  I'm extremely tempted to purchase another copy elsewhere just so I can read it now, but there's a possibility that I'll have to buy another copy at the signing next Friday, and I don't think I need three hardcover copies of this book, nor do I really have the funds for such an extraneous purchase.  Grrrr.  Patience.  Patience.  But what if it stays backordered for a long time?  Or what if I don't get a first edition, first printing?  Or what if, heaven forbid, I have to wait another month?!

Oh the humanity!  Whatever shall I do?