Thursday, March 3, 2011

God's Grace. And Coffee.

Hello, my sweet cup of coffee.





Thank you for greeting me this morning with a wonderful aroma.

Thank you for warming my hands and tickling my senses.

Thank you for coming to me in the hand of my husband, whom I love so much, it's physically painful.

Some days, amidst the hustle of it all, I just want to sit here with my coffee, in my white fuzzy pajama bottoms, with my tangled hair and slept-in-eye-makeup.  Yes, my teeth need to be brushed.  Yes, I have to get ready for work.  Yes, my face could use a splash of cold water - but so what!  Can't a girlfriend just take a little time?  A few mere minutes to enjoy this luscious, soothing drink?  It's nothing fancy.  Just black, freshly ground beans steeped in hot water.  It's simple, in all the best ways.

You see, some days, well, they just get the better of me.  You know the days I'm talking about.  The ones where you would just be happy as a clam to sit in your most favorite chair, with your coffee in hand, and just ponder.  Stress.  Think.  Pray.  Organize.  Solve. 

Translation
Solve: To be left up to the Lord.  To trust in His perfect will for your life and get off your "poor me" wagon.  Because His will IS perfect.  And so is He.

This coffee is most needed today.  There is a lot on my mind and frankly, I don't want there to be.  I am perfectly happy being the simple, absent-minded creature that I am.

So as I sip this hot, steamy beverage in pleasure, I offer my thanks to the Lord!

For His grace and sovereignty that reign over our lives.

And for coffee beans.

And Amen.