Friday, February 25, 2011

I've got the sickness.

It's been far too long.

Far too long since you have seen this beautiful, squeezable, kissable, lovely lil face.  So, since it's Friday, and since it's snowing, and since my head is so congested that I feel like a balloon about to pop, I think it would do us all a bit of good to enjoy the following:




Ah, I feel better already!  You see, day after day, I get to see this little face.  I walk into her room at 7:00, after my first cup of coffee and bible time and there she is....just laying there.  Smiling at me.  Cooing at me.  Wigglin' in her bed like a little worm.





Those cheeks.  That sweet smell of spitup and drool and diaper.  Those adorable little hands that have started to tangle their way into my hair.  Ah, and yes, another gift she has discovered.  Wouldn't ya know?  She has a tongue!  This excites her greatly.




Please ignore the fact that she is bald and her hairline starts halfway back on her head.  Thank you. 

 



I'm sorry honey.  Please forgive me for making fun of you.  I love you so dearly.  And your baldness.  And your spitup.  And your poopy diapers.  And all your drool. 

I realize that this post is really not helping those friends of mine that want to be impregnated at this very moment.  I apologize for this fact.  You think that after having a five month old, my baby itch would be scratched as well.  But it's not.  I can't help it.  It's a sickness.




Speaking of five month olds... look what my baby did!  She almost rolled over!  Someone alert the media!  Call a press conference!  This is IMPORTANT news!  It's this butterfly toy thing.  She loves it.  She's all about it.  She wants to rub her cheeks all over it and put it on her mouth and hug it and enjoy it forever.




On another completely random note, I think it's nice for babies to have anti-diaper time.  Which is just what she was doing when these photos were taken.  She needed to be free.  And breath.  And wiggle.  And squirm!  Sometimes...a baby just needs to not have any pants on.  And that's an order.





Her little butt cheeks are red from squirmin' all around on the carpet.  She is supposed to stay on her blanket, but I have since come to realize that sometimes your babies (ahem, children) do not always do what you wish them to do.




But other than not staying on the blanket like she is supposed to, she's pretty dang perfect.  For this Mommy at least.  Even though my nose is running and my ears itch and my chest is heavy and my head is throbbing, I could not be happier. 

All thanks be to God for this gift!