Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekly Favorites: December 12, 2010

This week, there were so many posts to choose from. I chose fourteen, but there were even more that I thought could go on the list. I really like all the homemade decorations, games and gifts that have been posted this month. A lot of them are much less expensive to make than buying them at the store and they are just as good if not better. I hope you enjoy the list and thank you for your comments. I’m glad I can bring these ideas together and give people a chance to see them when they might not have otherwise.
1.
Festive Scented Play-dough
Homemade play-dough in festive holiday scents.

2.
Colorful Ice Sculptures
Ideas for making ice sculptures. A fun wintery sensory activity.
fun and cold winter sensory activity!

3.
Borax Crystal Ornaments
Neat homemade ornaments!

4.
Homemade Toy Magnetic Pompoms
Homemade magnetic pompoms are a simple and creative toy for older toddlers and preschoolers. they are inexpensive to make as well.

5.
Candy Cane Fun
A few fun candy cane activities.

6.
Hot Coco Snowman
A really neat homemade snowman gift! Click on the link above for the tutorial.

7.
Making a Nature Ice Wreath
This holiday wreath is really cool! I'd never seen this before, but apparently a lot of people have made them.

8.
Match the Mittens
A simple, but fun match game with mittens.

9.
Snowman Cupcakes
A cute wintery snack!

10.
Sparkley Silver Snowflake
It's simple to make these sparkley snowflake decorations.

11.
Homemade Felt Food Cookie Jar
This was one of my favorite homemade gifts I saw this week.

12.
Ice Cream Cone Trees
Cute and easy to make mini Christmas trees!

13.
Ten Scents of Christmas - Sensory Cards
Another holiday activity using scents.

14.
Candy Cane Play-dough
More festive homemade play-dough.