Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Say What Wednesday...

This is my first time participating in SWW, so be gentle with me...I'm a virgin!

Mommy:  Ew...get off my lap...you pooped and you stink.  Let's get you changed.
Matt:  (seemingly bending in half to smell his own diaper) EWWW!!!  I STINK!!!  EW!!!  GROSS!!!
Mommy:  Okay, get on the couch so I can change you.
Matt:  MUST BE THE STRAWBERRIES...ALL THE FRUIT...EW...GROSS...FRUIT MAKES SMELLY POOP!!!


And I wonder why Hailey resists fruit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've gone back to baths rather than showers.  Showers were just getting way out of control.  The Crazies have suddenly grown enough to step out of the bathtub unassisted.  One night, Matt got out of the shower and was hanging out with Daddy in his bedroom.  Hailey and I had a little chat:

Hailey:  Mommy, sit DOWN!!
Mommy:  Okay...wanna chat?
Hailey:  Yes...I dump out (playing with an empty shampoo container).
Mommy:  Is it nice to play by yourself for a little while.
Hailey:  Yes...Matt loud.
Mommy:  Yeah.  Sometimes we all get a little loud.
Hailey:  I play by self.  I dump out.  Matt loud.  Matt push.  Matt splash.
Mommy:  Yeah, but do you like having a brother?
Hailey:  (with a big smile)  YES!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snack time on Friday afternoon.  The Crazies have had an obsession with Pirate's Booty lately and I just love how they ask for it.  "BOOTY!  BOOTY!  WE WANT BOOTY!!!"

Matt:  Mom, I want BOOTY!  Peeeeeeese!
Mommy:  Okay, did you finish your apples?
Matt:  Yup...apples all gone (turning snack cup upside down for dramatic flair).
Mommy:  Okay, come here.
Matt:  (watching me take the big bag of booty, purchased at BJ's, out of the pantry)  Wow...big booty...that's some big booty.
Mommy:  I know...have you ever seen booty this big.
Matt:  (with complete wonderment)  Nooooo...wow...big booty (at this point, he was whispering and I was crying laughing)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a long night of Panera and a HUGE light show, we finally got home.

Husband is checking his email because we all need a little break every now and then, right???  WRONG!

Matt:  Daddy, PLAY!!!
Daddy:  You can play.  I have to check my email.
Matt:  NO, I check my email.
Daddy:  You have email?  Who's going to email you?  Do you have a girlfriend?
Matt:  Yes...Hailey my girlfriend.
Daddy:  Oh, really?
Matt:  Yeah...lemme check email!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Picked kids up from preschool yesterday, got them in the car (despite the hurricane winds), and started to get their hands wiped off.

Hailey:  Have a party, Mommy?
Mommy:  What?
Hailey:  Ready for the party, Mommy?
Mommy:  What?  What party?
Hailey:  Get party started, Mommy?
Mommy:  Ohhhh...now I get it.

I must say "let's get this party started" when I pick them up.  I didn't even realize how cute she was being until I stopped being oblivious.  DUH!!!

It's so nice to play along since I can finally understand most of what they say!