New Vegas is essentially one gigantic expansion to Fallout 3. Graphically, the games look almost identical, with the newer release having slightly better graphics with the environments. The story has so far been very interesting, but I've barely done anything related to propelling the plot, instead focusing on the enormous landscapes ripe with unexplored territories. Fallout New Vegas is so far a beautiful game that's offered the same fun-factor its spiritual predecessor did. If you loved the retro music from Galaxy News Radio and Three Dog, then you'll also love the new tunes of New Vegas. There are a few new additions, like gambling, factions, a traveling card game called Caravan, and lots of weapon customization, but mostly, if it was in Fallout 3, it's in New Vegas.
Some have expressed issues with the game glitching worse than Fallout 3, but so far I've not experienced this. (I think I only had one problem with Fallout 3 glitching on me and that was it.) I believe the glitch problem is more for the 360 and PC, but I'm not sure.
Already I find my mind roaming back to the harsh Mojave wastelands, aching to see what else I can find. If you loved Fallout 3, then there's no question that you'll like New Vegas. The "new game" price tag may be a little steep for the lack of innovation, but I happily paid it anyway, knowing that I would easily get my $60 worth of enjoyment. Now, back to the screen!