I went to bed early last night.
By "early," I mean I didn't watch Private Practice...although I really wanted to.
I read for a little bit, but the light was definitely off before 10:30.
Rarity...I'm a nightowl.
Dog starts huffing and puffing at something.
I stick my head down the stairs and give a determined, "Shhhh..." That should do the trick. Back to bed.
I quickly fall into a slumber b/c I am dead ass tired from my solo trip to Ta.rget yesterday. Big stuff around here...
Matthew starts crying. Husband doesn't move...he's tired too.
I get up, work the cramp out of my calf, and limp to Matt's bed. Why is he crying? No reason...he's just laying on his stomach crying. Maybe he had a bad dream. I grab another piece of baby crack bink, shove it in his mouth, and limp back to bed.
Something stabs me in the foot.
WTF is that???
A fucking feather had come out of the pillow I used for Knee and was literally stabbing me in the foot.
Reach down and grab that fucker without dislocating Knee.
Success...back to sleep.
What??? Why do I have heartburn? I haven't eaten since 5:40 (unless you count the 6 mini candy bars I had on the drive to and from tutoring and the four hearts of palm...and the glass of wine...oh shit. Can wine give you heartburn? I am not going through this shit every night!!!)
Okay, for real...back to sleep.
What??? Why do I have heartburn? I haven't eaten since 5:40 (unless you count the 6 mini candy bars I had on the drive to and from tutoring and the four hearts of palm...and the glass of wine...oh shit. Can wine give you heartburn? I am not going through this shit every night!!!)
Okay, for real...back to sleep.
Buzz...buzz...buzz...
WTF is that???
Husband's cell phone is buzzing for no good reason. Must have been "a something really important like he won the Nobel Peace Prize or WWIII is starting score update"...he mumbles.
Spends the next 3-4 minutes trying to figure out how to reset the phone to "don't fucking wake me up again" mode while I silently plot ways to kill him.
What can I say? I'm sleep deprived and 3-4 minutes in the middle of the night seems like a long damn time!
"The OS system is shit on these phones." Yes, that's what I want to talk about right now...the OS system. Turn it off!!!!
Back to sleep.
Mmmm...sleep...it feels so good.
Oh, damn...Hailey is crying.
"PINK BINK...PINK BINK...PINK BINK."
I can honestly say that Husband was quicker on this one than I was...WINNER!!!
Back to sleep.
6:00 AM...alarm goes off. Husband doesn't move. I have to get out of bed and get in the shower b/c I have P.T. in the pool this morning and we all know what that means. I thought bathing suit season was over...not for me. OMG and it's at 8:30, so I don't have a lot of wiggle room.
I take Big Black off (my brace) and slide my way to the floor (whose idea was it to get two short people a really high bed again?).
Husband says, "what are you doing? What time is it?"
And Friday starts...I am never going to sleep again, am I?