Sunday, September 4, 2011

Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is...

I have never been one of those people who just sits around complaining about things and not doing anything.

I hate those people.

They're annoying and boring.

I'd much rather do something.

So, I am...

I'm sure you've all seen that thing going around on FB that says "I'm x weeks and I'm craving x."  Then you think that person is pregnant and either get excited or fall over from shock because they're not even 20 yet.

Anyway, it kind of bugged me and I annoyed a total stranger for calling it "stupid."  I call them like I see them.

Then I saw this article...have you seen it?  I loved it and it got my brain going (not an easy feat these days).

How can I actually make a difference without making everyone think I'm knocked up?

Hmmm...actually, that's not such a hard thing to do!

I'll host an online Stella & Dot Trunk Show with a mystery hostess.  I'll put it on Facebook and my blog and I'll donate all of my proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

So, that's what I'm doing...here is the message that I put on FB.  Hope you guys play along...you could get tons of free jewelry since I invited over 200 of my FB friends and now you all...the possibilities are endless and I'm kind of disappointed that I can't be a part of it myself!

Good luck!

Hello Ladies!

Now that we’ve all muddled through Back-to-School, let’s do something fun!

Welcome to my Stella & Dot Mystery Hostess event

What is a “mystery hostess event?” If you place an order through my website between now and September 18th, you will automatically be entered to be the hostess for this event. In turn, that means that you could be the recipient of hundreds of dollars worth of free jewelry from Stella & Dot.

This is a big deal, right?

It gets better. In light of the latest Facebook craze where everyone puts up a status that makes their “friends” think they’re pregnant, but they’re really not (all in the name of breast cancer awareness), I am going to donate ALL OF MY PROCEEDS to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

So, make a purchase of awesome jewelry, cross your fingers and hope to win, and a donation is made to further breast cancer research.

When entering your order, make sure to choose Rebecca (leave a comment if you want my last name, but I think you'll be able to figure it out) as the hostess...I'll change it later (when YOU win)!

There’s more:

• If you invite a friend and he/she makes a purchase, you get an extra entry. (This is a good idea for those of you who want to "help" your husbands in the gift area...refer your husband and tell him what to buy)
• If I book a party through a referral of yours, you get an extra entry.
• If you book a party, you get three extra entries (it can even be an online Trunk Show if you're far away geographically...or don't feel like cleaning your house).

So, are you interested in having some great updates for your wardrobe? Being the envy of all your friends with your new bling? Possibly receiving hundreds in free jewelry? I am (I can’t play though…who made these rules?)!

Tell your friends and get more entries.

Book a party and get more entries.

Either way, you’re helping to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research…something that is important to all of us.

Please message me if you have any questions. Thanks, Rebecca